The Southern Region Board of the USTA Eastern Section is soliciting grant proposals from its southern based USTA Member Organizations, who will support and participate in our mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis in the Southern Region. We are focused on fostering participation in tennis and USTA programs with the USTA Member Organizations. Special consideration will be given to organizations seeking to expand tennis programs to the following groups:
1- Special Populations
2- Minority Populations
3- Parks & Recreation
4- Community Tennis Associations
5- Schools/After School
6- Wheelchair Tennis
7- Senior Tennis
We will allocate grants in the range of $500 to $1000. Proposals should demonstrate the following emphasis:
- Demonstrated interest in working more closely with the Southern Region Board and the Southern Region Tennis Service Representative with tennis program development.
- Show specific examples of programs that attract new players AND/OR retain existing players by offering clinics, leagues, special events and tournaments.
- Willingness to make concentrated efforts to participate in USTA League Tennis (Adults) and USTA Jr. Team Tennis (Youth).
- This funding opportunity is for tennis programs/events operating in 2012.
GRANT PROPOSAL SUBMISSION SPECIFICS
*Download grant application.
- Membership Organizations are limited to one grant application and applications must include a current USTA Member Organization number.
- Please convey written information in one typed or neatly written page.
- Please enclose program budgets and staffing requirements to supplement funding requests.
- Program/event proposals must convey participant numbers, total cost estimate, start and end date and hours per week.
- Please enclose flyers, brochures and other program promotional information.
Organizations receiving grants are required to forward a brief description and photographs of the program’s success in order to qualify for future grants. Send the results of your Southern Region program to Sandy Hoffman. Send completed grant application and grant proposal to Fran Osei.
Sandy Hoffman, Tennis Service Representative
USTA Eastern, Inc
70 West Red Oak Lane
White Plains, NY 10604
Fran Osei, Southern Region Pres.
19 Bridge Lane
Haverstraw, NY 10927